Vice President, Regional Data Centre Solutions, Asia Pacific and Japan
David Blumanis has over 27 years experience and knowledge in the Information Technology industry as a CIO and consultant and has managed some of the largest IT operations in Australia and Asia Pacific.
David led the development of APC’s turnkey data centre business in India and shared the templates and experiences with ANZ and ASEAN teams, developing educational material on data centre requirements and designs, executive/CIO selling methodologies and sales tools.
David advises CIOs and senior IT executives on the design of high-availability data centre architectures. David is passionate about success – adding value and sharing his experience and winning philosophy to support APC’s Asia Pacific and Japan leadership team and employees, irrespective of the division, group, zone or country they work.
David’s experience includes:
– Managing one of the largest data centres in the southern hemisphere (5000sqm, 15,000sqm in total of computer room floor space – Telstra)
– Managing data centres for outsourcers (Digital Equipment Corporation and Unisys)
– Managing large scale outsourcing contracts on behalf of customers
(EDS, IBM GSA, Digital, Oracle, Hewitt Packard and others)
– Managing the growth of three IT departments for company start-ups
(Optus Vision, Optus Communication, Cable Wireless Web Hosting Business)
– Managing six mission-critical data centre migrations in 24 x 7 sites
(Telstra, Tech Pacific, Vodafone Australia, Unisys, Optus Communications and Optus Vision)
– Managing 12 data centre builds on behalf of the customer
(Telstra x 2, Optus Communications x 2, Optus Vision, Tech Pacific Australia x 2 Tech Pacific Thailand, Tech Pacific – Philippines, Tech Pacific – New Zealand, Godreij Pacific – India x 2)
– Designing and managing three data centre builds as the consultant
(Vodafone Australia x 2, Unisys x 1)
– Managing the IT and staff integration through three company acquisitions/mergers
(Telstra/OTC, Optus Communications/Optus Vision, Tech Pacific/Hagermeyer)
– Consulting Program manager for large-scale projects to the value of $300 million
(Cable Wireless Communications web hosting business start up, Unisys Asia Pacific New corporate head quarters and outsourcing facility)
Running his own IT Management Consultancy firm for three years and providing advice to CxO’s in the following industries: Telecommunications, Finance, Transport, Mining, Retail, Government, Pharmaceutical
Sign up for Email
Learn about best practices, new blogs and industry leading solutionsThank you for registering for email from Schneider Electric. We are excited that you have joined the group. You will receive your first welcome message soon. It will describe the email program and what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Enjoy! There was an error processing your request. Please try again at a later date. Please Enter a Valid Email Address!