As per “World Green Building Trends 2016” Smart Market Report of Dodge Data & Analytics, the global green buildings activity continues to double every three years.
Interestingly, the survey data covered respondents in 69 countries. So, here are some of the salient insights from the report:
- First of all, percentage of firms expecting more than 60% of their projects certified green is set to more than double from 18% to 37% by 2018.
- Moreover, client demand is among the top triggers driving future green building activity, up from 35% in 2012 to 40% in 2015.
- Recognition of the benefits of green by owners is critical to sustaining green market growth globally.
- A green project is one that is either certified or qualifies for certification under a recognized standard, such as LEED, BREEAM, Green Star etc.
- Principally, the three environmental reasons for building green are:
- Reducing energy consumption
- Protecting natural resources
- Reducing water consumption
- Furthermore, the top most important benefits of green buildings are:
- Lower operating costs
- Quality Assurance
- Sustainability awareness
- Most noteworthy are the leading green product categories used on most of the projects:
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
- Building Automation System
- Most of all, over 70% of respondents selected Energy Efficiency as the top criterion for identifying green products
To add on, Terri Willis, Thought Leader and CEO of WGBC said in the SmartMarket Report interview: “…the increasing awareness of the link between green building and health and well-being is leading to an increased demand for green building by owners and occupiers…”
In this context, Schneider Electric offers innovative and intuitive technology for Smart Building Systems. To be sure, such systems help to enhance people’s safety and comfort. Besides, they use energy more efficiently, while improving reliability, business performance and operational efficiency.
Furthermore, Schneider Electric’s SmartStruxure™ and SmartStruxure™ Lite solutions symbolize their #InnovationAtEveryLevel strategy. Especially relevant are such solutions that cater to buildings – whether they be small, medium-sized or large. Importantly, the solutions help control energy use and turn it into opportunity to improve energy efficiency – and the bottomline of the enterprise.
So, GREEN is the CODE and CORE of Buildings – of today and tomorrow.